[Nfbk] FW: NFB 2010 Scholarship Program for blind college students

Cathy cathyj at iglou.com
Sun Feb 28 14:50:42 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Rovig, Lorraine [mailto:LRovig at nfb.org]
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 6:23 PM
To: Rovig, Lorraine; cathyj at iglou.com
Cc: mariaaj at insightbb.com
Subject: RE: NFB 2010 Scholarship Program for blind college students

NFB-KY President Cathy Jackson

NFB-KY Parents of Blind Children, President Maria Jones

Dear Presidents Cathy and Maria,

Please forward this email and attachment to your contacts in your state's
library for the blind, VR service, and special education service for K-12
blind children and any other agencies you wish to alert to our scholarship
program. The note below is written for them. It won't hurt them to get two
emails from people they know in their state. Please erase this note of mine
from the top before forwarding. Lorraine Rovig for the NFB Scholarship
Program (Mr. Anil Lewis, Chairman)

NFB 2010 Scholarship Program for blind college students

Dear Educators, Librarians, and Counselors:

I've attached a flyer about the National Federation of the Blind national
scholarship program.  This program is solely for legally blind students in
the United States or Puerto Rico who will be attending college or university
in fall 2010.  We have 30 scholarships in our program. Students apply to the
scholarship program (not for a particular scholarship). The NFB Scholarship
Committee chooses the 30 winners from all who apply and later decides which
scholarship each of the thirty winners will receive.

$12,000 -   1 award

$10,000 -   1 award

$  5,000 -   4 awards

$  3,000- 22 awards

Plus other gifts to our 30 scholarship winners.

Complete details are available on our Website at www.nfb.org/scholarships.

Please share this information with other departments and agencies in your
state that have contact with blind college students. Please give it to any
high school senior intent on entering college in fall 2010 or any blind
college student from college freshman up through working on a PhD, and any
counselor, teacher, or parent working with a blind scholar.

Cordially,

Mr. Anil Lewis, Chairperson

NFB Scholarship Committee

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

      at Jernigan Place

Office:  (410) 659-9314, x2415;

Email:  scholarships at nfb.org;

Website:  www.nfb.org/scholarships

Discussion Groups: www.nfb.net.org

There is a Braille literacy crisis in America.  For the whole story, go to
www.braille.org.