[Nfbk] FW: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] National Call on Pepsi Refresh Progressand Opportunities

Cathy cathyj at iglou.com
Wed Sep 1 14:47:03 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbaffiliatepresidents-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfbaffiliatepresidents-bounces at nfbnet.org]On Behalf Of
Riccobono, Mark
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 10:15 AM
To: nfbaffiliatepresidents at nfbnet.org
Cc: Lamkin, Seth; Danielsen, Chris; Pare, John
Subject: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] National Call on Pepsi Refresh
Progressand Opportunities

Attention NFB Affiliate Presidents:

For the past four weeks you have been mobilizing your members to gain
votes for our 2011 NFB Youth Slam to win $250,000 from the Pepsi Refresh
project. It now looks as though our project will not be in the top two
of our category in order to win the grant, however, we will roll over
into September to again compete for a $250,000 grant award, an our
opening ranking will be based upon the progress we made during August.
We are currently at 18 and your votes continue to count this month so do
not stop voting.

In order to make significant progress toward number one in September, we
need everyone to take it to the next level. Please plan to attend, or
assign at least one contact from your state affiliate to attend, a
conference call on Wednesday, September 1st at 8:00 p.m. EDT to hear
strategies for promoting the effort, to propose ideas, and to ask
questions about the opportunity and how we can mobilize our members and
the communities in which they live. We need our membership to be
energized about this opportunity to not only win a grant but also to
advertise and promote the NFB and its programs in a unique and highly
visible fashion. With all of your help, Meet the Blind month can start a
little early, and can make these things happen. Please plan to call in
on Wednesday, September 1st, at 8:00 p.m. EDT.

To participate in the call, please dial 1-888-727-6732 and enter
passcode 541175.

If you have questions about our Pepsi Refresh project, please contact
Seth Lamkin at slamkin at nfb.org

Yours in the movement,

Mark Riccobono

P.S. Promote Access to Science Education for Blind Students! Each day in
August, vote for the NFB Youth Slam in the Pepsi Refresh Project
<http://www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam> , or text 101913 to
Pepsi (73774)

Mark A. Riccobono, M.S.ed

Executive Director, Jernigan Institute