[Nfbk] Homemade Clay Recipe

Nickie Pearl njp at insightbb.com
Sun Aug 21 22:36:17 UTC 2011

Good evening,

    Yesterday, NFBGL held an art activity where we sculpted with homemade clay.  Some of the members who attended wanted the recipe, so I thought I’d share with everyone.  With this clay you can do just about anything.  This recipe is especially good for making Christmas tree decorations.

Salt Clay
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups salt
6 teaspoons cream of tarter
3 tablespoons oil
3cups water
Cook this in a medium saucepan on low heat – stir constantly until mixture gathers into a ball. Place mixture on a plate or cookie sheet and let cool.  After mixture cools, kneed it.

Enjoy!
Nickie