[Nfbk] This Explains things

Joey Couch joey.couch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:53:37 UTC 2011

This explains why I forward jokes, and it says it all for me.

            A  man and his dog were walking along a road.
            The man was enjoying the scenery,
            when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

            He remembered  dying, and that the dog walking beside him
had been dead for years.
            He  wondered where the road was leading them.

            After a while, they  came to a high, white stone wall
along one side of the road.

            It looked like  fine marble..

            At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch
that glowed in the sunlight.

            When he was standing before it, he saw a  magnificent gate
in the arch that looked
            like mother-of-pearl, and the  street that led to the gate
looked like pure gold.

            He and the dog walked  toward the gate, and as he got
closer, he saw a man at a desk to one  side.

            When he was close  enough, he called out, 'Excuse me,
where are we?'

            'This is Heaven,  sir,' the man answered.

            'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?'  the man asked.

            'Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice
water brought right up.'

            The man gestured, and the gate began to  open.  'Can my
friend,' gesturing toward his
            dog, 'come in, too?' the traveler asked.

            'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept  pets.'

            The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the
road and continued the
            way he had been going with his dog.

            After  another long walk, and at the top of another long
hill, he came to a dirt  road leading
            through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed.

            There was no fence.

            As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning
against a tree and reading a book....

            'Excuse me!' he called  to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

            'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over  there, come on in.'

            'How about my friend here?' the traveler gestured  to the dog.

            'There should be a bowl by the pump,'  said the man.

            They went  through the gate, and sure enough, there was an
old-fashioned hand pump
            with  a bowl beside it.

            The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink
himself, then he gave some to the dog.

            When they were full, he and the dog  walked back toward
the man who was standing by the tree.

            'What do you  call this place?' the traveler asked.

            'This is Heaven,' he  answered.

            'Well, that's confusing,' the traveler said.

            'The man down  the road said that was Heaven, too.'

            'Oh, you mean the place with the  gold street and pearly
gates?  Nope That's hell.'

            'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'

            'No, we're just happy  that they screen out the folks who
would leave their best friends behind.'

            Soooo. Now you see, sometimes, we wonder why friends keep
forwarding stuff to us without
            writing a word.  Maybe this will explain it.

            When you  are very busy, but still want to keep in touch,
guess what you do?   You forward mails.

            When you have nothing to say, but still want to keep
contact, you forward jokes.

            When you have something to say, but don't  know what, and
don't know how..... you forward stuff.

            A  'forward' lets you know that you are still remembered,
you are still important,
            you are still  loved, you are still cared for.
            So, next time if you get  a 'forward', don't think that
you've been sent just another forwarded joke, but  that you've been
thought of today and your friend on the other end of your  computer
wanted to send you a smile.

            You are welcome at  my water bowl anytime !!

Joey Couch
cell phone 606-216-8033
email
joey.couch at gmail.com