[Nfbk] Advocacy Advocacy Advocacy

George Stokes kd4ckt at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 27 18:56:11 UTC 2011

GOOD JOB!!!

From: nfbk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
Pamela Glisson
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:38 PM
To: NFB of Kentucky Internet Mailing List
Subject: [Nfbk] Advocacy Advocacy Advocacy

Hello Colleagues and Friends!

ADVOCACY in an organized manner does gain the attention of the law makers
and decision makers!

After yesterday's Protest of the subminimum wage section of the Workforce
Investment Act (WIA), of which NFBK, NFBGL, NFB of Murray, NFB of Ashland,
Independence Place, Inc. and NFB of Lexington were well represented in
Louisville, the Senate decided to postpone the reauthorization of the WIA
which was scheduled to occur on August 3, 2011.  Now it is after the summer
recess, which will give the Committee more time to evaluate the
reauthorization in its fullest.

Thank all of you so much!!!

Below is the announcement from the Rehabilitation Services Administration!

Re:        WIA Markup Postponed

              For those who read on the run, this Washington Wire deals with
only one issue:  The postponement of the Workforce Investment Act
reauthorization
markup in the Senate, which was scheduled for August 3, 2011.

              Earlier this morning, we received official word from the Hill
that the Senate HELP Committee markup of the discussion draft of the
reauthorization
of the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), which includes, of course, the
reauthorization of the Rehabilitation Act, has been postponed until sometime
after
the summer recess.  As we understand it, the markup will take place on other
issues, but the WIA Reauthorization discussion draft will NOT be on the
agenda.

               At this time, no date has been set for the rescheduling of
the markup of the Senate WIA discussion draft.

               We will keep you advised as additional information becomes
known to us.

                Thank you.

Patricia Leahy

Director of Governmental Affairs and Public Policy

National Rehabilitation Association

633 South Washington Street

Alexandria , VA 22314

1-888-258-4295

NRA Office - 703-836-0850

NRA Fax - 703-836-0848

TDD - 703-836-0849

E-mail -
patricia at nationalrehab.org

Thank You

Pamela Roark-Glisson
Executive Director
Independence Place
1093 S. Broadway Suite 1218
Lexington, Kentucky 40504
Office (859) 266-2807
Toll Free (877) 266-2807
Fax (859) 335-0627
Cell (859) 948-3663

The information contained in this E-mail may be privileged, confidential and
protected from disclosure.  If you are not the identified recipient any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you
think that you have received this email message in error, please inform the
sender, and delete this message permanently from your computer files.