[Nfbk] Fwd: [napub] FW: Food Store offers Signs in braille

Rick Roderick rickrod at insightbb.com
Fri Oct 21 14:01:36 UTC 2011

That is great about the braille labels.  The problem is:  Can we get
enought retailers to do this automatically?

Although my wife does our grocery shopping, I have found a couple of tools
to be very useful.

I recently got an ID Mate.  I don't take it to the store, but it is
liberating to be able to read what a package is.  Often, ID Mate includes
the directions for preparation of the product.

If it doesn't, I go to directionsforme.org.  The only thing that the ID Mate
includes, to my knowledge, that Directionsforme doesn't, is the stuff from
Schwans.  I get braille from them.