[Nfbk] State Convention

Cathy Jackson cathyj1949 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:35:19 UTC 2012

Good Morning Gang,

Our NFBK State Convention is fast approaching. September 28, 29 & 30 will
be her before you can blink and eye.  There are things you can be doing to
help make this convention successful.  Start gathering door prizes. Gift
cards to stores and restaurants are popular and are items men and women
both enjoy receiving. Money is perhaps the most popular of all door prizes,
but anything will be appreciated as long as it is something new. Reverse
raffle tickets are ready for you to sell and purchase. This is our big
convention fundraiser. There are expenses associated with the convention
and the money from the sale of tickets helps defray the overhead. Go ahead
and make your room reservations directly to the Capital Plaza Hotel by
calling, 502-227-5100. Room rates are $79 plus tax. Our block of rooms will
be held until September 9-7-12. Be certain to let them know you are with
the NFBK so that you will be assured to get our room rate. I am working
on convention details and more information will be forthcoming in the next
week or so. Sandra Williams, President of the NFBGL will be releasing
information about transportation from Louisville to Frankfort as soon as
details are ironed out. I have learned that Pam Allen, President of the
Louisiana Affiliate will be our National Representative. Let's make this a
great convention!