[Nfbk] Celebrate Digital Learning Day!

Joey Couch ki4vjd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 19:36:25 UTC 2012

From: AFB Literacy
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:51:07 -0500
Subject: Celebrate Digital Learning Day!

AFB	 American Foundation
for the Blind <http://www.afb.org>  	TM

Expanding possibilities for people with vision loss

Celebrate Digital Learning Day!

February 1st is nearly upon us. You may be wondering, "What’s the
significance of that?" Well, it is not Groundhog Day. That is February
2nd. It is not Valentine's Day. That is February 14th. Nor is it
Presidents' Day, which is February 20th. It will be Digital Learning
Day, a nationwide celebration of online learning, technology, and
educational systems.

The celebration honors the great innovation that has been made in the
delivery of educational content via webinar, webcast, podcast, eLearning
courses, apps, and more. It truly is an exciting time for education
because this allows people in remote areas to access learning content
and continue their education. I have personally taken a number of online
classes and viewed webinars, webcasts, and listened to podcasts. I love
my iPhone, which gives me access to amazing educational content via
apps.

The American Foundation for the Blind <http://www.afb.org>  offers
digital learning through online publications, webinars, and online
courses available through its fully accessible eLearning Center
<http://www.afb.org/Section.asp?SectionID=44&documentid=2939> . You can
find courses on aging, vision loss, and employment. There are a number
of great courses to choose from, with more on the way. Please check them
out and let us know what you would like to learn about in the future.

Additionally, the eLearning Center and AFB CareerConnect
<http://www.afb.org/Section.asp?SectionID=7>  offer the Job Seeker's
Toolkit <http://www.afb.org/learn/course.asp?eid=4796> , a free
self-paced, online course on the employment process. The course is aimed
at helping teens and young adults prepare for employment. You can
navigate this digital offering and become more self-aware, build tools
such as your resume and cover letter, and prepare for that interview!

Please join us in celebrating Digital Learning Day on February 1st.

--
Joey Couch
phone 606-216-8033.
email ki4vjd at gmail.com