[Nfbk] McDowell Center Cook Out

Cathy cathyj at iglou.com
Sat Jun 2 03:14:17 UTC 2012

Good Evening,

The hour is late. I was on email earlier today and simply forgot to post
this invitation. On Friday, June 22nd between 12:00 Noon and 2:00 PM you are
invited to attend a cookout at the Charles McDowell Center, 8412 Westport
Rd. The purpose of this gathering is not only a social event, but to expose
the students at the center to other blind people. We want them to see
successful blind individuals so they realize life does go on. It is also
another way for OFB to become involved with the community. Families are
encouraged to come and bring the children. We are asking those who plan to
attend to bring a dish or dessert. The center will provide the hamburgers,
hot dogs and drinks. If you are interested please email me off line at
cathyj at iglou.com. I would like to give Steve Dealey a count next Friday if
possible. I am sure this deadline isn't etched in stone, so don't let that
scare you off. I do hope several of you will attend.