[Nfbk] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] FW: 2012 Employment Seminar at NFB Convention

Cathy cathyj at iglou.com
Fri May 11 13:14:07 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org]On Behalf Of Dick Davis (by
way of David Andrews<dandrews at visi.com>)
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 7:40 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] FW: 2012 Employment Seminar at NFB Convention

Hi,

I thought I would send out this preliminary note about this year's
Employment Seminar at the NFB Convention in Dallas.  As usual, it will be on
Saturday June 30, but this year it will run from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.  We
have two agenda items already scheduled.

Brenda Mosby, of the Colorado Center for the Blind will present a
mini-seminar on how to get a job in the federal government: "Is a federal
job in your future? Find out!".  She's going to bring people from the
federal government to explain how the Schedule A process works.  And yes,
they are still hiring.

Robert Leslie Newman is going to talk about "Where The Blind Work', the
database of employed blind mentors that the Writers Division developed.
It's a good career exploration and blind jobseeker resource, and we need to
make sure more people use it.

There will also be the usual announcements and job exchange, in which people
who know of job vacancies and people who are looking for jobs can network
with each other.

Well, that's enough for now.  We're going to have a committee
teleconference, which will no doubt generate additional agenda items.  For
those of you who want to know, we will once again be recording the seminar,
which will be available for free on the NFB website.  But if you can come,
please do, because it's hard to ask questions of a recording.

Dick Davis
Chair
NFB Employment Committee