[Nfbk] Some more humor

Joey Couch ki4vjd at gmail.com
Sat May 19 03:09:44 UTC 2012

WorldStartAcceptance Testing
Two young engineers applied for a single position at a computer company.
They both had the same qualifications. In order to determine which
individual to hire, the applicants were asked to take a test by the
Department manager. Upon completion of the test, both men missed only one of
the questions.
The manager went to the first applicant and said, "Thank you for your
interest, but we've decided to give the job to the other applicant."
"And why would you be doing that? We both got nine questions correct," asked
the rejected applicant.
We have based our decision not on the correct answers, but on the question
you missed," said the Department manager.
"And just how would one incorrect answer be better than the other?" the
rejected applicant inquired.
"Simple," said the Department manager, "Your fellow applicant put down on
question No. 5, 'I don't know.' You put down, 'Neither do I.'"

"Talent does what it can; genius does what it must."
~Robert Bulwer-Lytton
"All good things which exist are the fruits of originality."
~John Stuart Mill
"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."
~Vince Lombardi
Airplane!
While cruising at 40,000 feet, the airplane shuddered and Mr. Benson looked
out the window. "Goodness!" he screamed, "one of the engines just blew up!"
Other passengers left their seats and came running over; suddenly the
aircraft was rocked by a second blast as yet another engine exploded on the
other side.
The passengers were in a panic now, and even the stewardesses couldn't
maintain order. Just then, standing tall and smiling confidently, the pilot
strode from the cockpit and assured everyone that there was nothing to worry
about.
His words and his demeanor seemed to make most of the passengers feel
better, and they sat down as the pilot calmly walked to the door of the
aircraft. There, he grabbed several packages from under the seats and began
handing them to the flight attendants.
Each crew member attached the package to their backs.
"Say," spoke up an alert passenger, "aren't those parachutes?"
The pilot said they were. The passenger went on, "But I thought you said
there was nothing to worry about?"
"There isn't," replied the pilot as a third engine exploded. "We're going to
get help."

Joey Couch
phone 606-216-8033.
email ki4vjd at gmail.com