[Nfbk] Fw: October 4 2012 Adult Talking Book Group

Ronnie White ronniewhite2 at insightbb.com
Fri Sep 14 01:41:33 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Kathy Szinnyey
To: Kathy Szinnyey
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 12:16 PM
Subject: October 4 2012 Adult Talking Book Group

Hey, everyone! It's time once again to pick up this book and read it in preparation for our October Book Group. Bring along a friend for our monthly Meeting of the Minds, so they too, can enjoy an hour of convivial conversation. Below is information about the time and place we meet, along with information and a link you can use to download your book into you NLS-compatible device. Of course, you can also call the Kentucky Talking Book Library at 1.800.372.2968 if you want the book sent to you by mail. Have a fun read, and we'll see you on October 4!

When: Thursday, October 4, 7 to 8 p.m.

Where: Crescent Hill Library, 2762 Frankfort Ave., 574.1793; you can come to the ramp in the back if you don't want to use the steps at the front entrance.

The Egg and I
MacDonald, Betty. Read by Pam Ward. Reading time 8 hours 23 minutes.
Humor

Reminiscences of life on a remote, run-down chicken farm in the Olympic mountains of Washington state. The author, survivor of an adventurous childhood but still unprepared for the realities of frontier life, keeps her sense of humor amidst the hard work, loneliness, and general denial of the constant struggle to accept her part of the bargain that her marriage requires. Bestseller.
Download The Egg and I, DB37151

23,000 children and teens are going back to school better readers thanks to the Library's annual Summer Reading Program, presented by The Library Foundation. Congratulations to everyone that read for fun over the summer!