[Nfbk] Fwd: Need Nominees for the SRC

Joey Couch ki4vjd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 15:51:37 UTC 2013

Please pass this along to any one who maybe intrested.
Joey at large member SRC.
From: "Wright, Jennifer (OFB-FK)" <JenniferN.Wright at ky.gov>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:52:11 +0000
Subject: Need Nominees for the SRC

Good Morning,

We need your help! The OFB State Rehabilitation Council (SRC) is
looking for individuals to serve in three upcoming vacancies.  The
terms will be for three years and will begin on July 1.  The Council
meets quarterly on the 4th Friday of July, October, January and April
for approximately five hours.  The meetings are held at the McDowell
Center in Louisville.  The agency pays the travel expenses for members
who qualify, based on the state travel regulations.

The vacancies are for:

One Business, Industry and Labor representative (the nominee must be
employed in a position in one of those three areas)
Two Members-at-Large representatives (this doesn't have specific
requirements but the individuals should have some related interest in
the blind or visually impaired)

Please nominate only individuals whom you feel would attend the
meetings and take an active role on the Council.  We are mandated by
RSA to have geographic and minority representation on the Council, and
the majority of the Council members must be blind.  Currently, a
majority of representatives are from the
Lexington/Frankfort/Louisville areas, so in order  to stay in
compliance, we need candidates especially from Northern and Eastern
Kentucky. The Governor's Office requires that we submit three
candidates for each vacant position so feel free to nominate more than
one qualified individual.

If you know of anyone who would be interested, please have them
complete and sign the attached Governor's Office of Boards and
Commissions application and submit it to you, or directly to me, along
with a current resume.  I need to circulate these to the Council by
Tuesday, April 16th for voting at the April 26th meeting, so please
scan and email, or fax, those to me as soon as possible. If you, or
your nominee, have any questions, please let me know.

*Please feel free to pass this on to anyone whom you think might know
of interested individuals.*

Thanks!

Jennifer Wright

Office for the Blind