[Nfbk] Some "not so good" news on Buffa

Tonia tonton at insightbb.com
Sun Aug 4 23:44:00 UTC 2013

FYI, the lady from Buffa's synagogue who's started a Care bridge Face Book
page for Buffa, posted the following info on July 23.  It unfortunately
sounds like she was hurt much worse than we originally thought.  I'm still
collecting money for a gift for her.  If you haven't already and would still
like to contribute, you can bring me cash, mail a check to my home or the
McDowell Center or send it via my PayPal account at tonton at insightbb.com.
If you'd like to call Buffa or send her something on your own, email me off
list for contact info.  Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

Note: This was posted on July 23, just 3 days after being hit by the truck.
I imagine she was still heavily sedated and/or medicated; and that's why
Julia states that she's not in any pain.  Also, her surgery was actually
postponed until July 27.

Update on our friend Buffa-

WE now know that tomorrow Buffa will have surgery on her arm -her wrist is
also broken and will be repaired. Both of her legs are fractured, her ankle

is broken as well. Her facial bones are broken, and her ribs. She has many
scraps and bruises. She is not in pain and is resting comfortably. Several
visitors

have been by and wished her well.Tomorrow due to surgery we won't know when
she will be in her room.Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers . MANY

WONDERFUL NURSES ARE HELPING HER!!Due to her many friends - she not been
alone in the hospital.

Tonia