[Nfbk] A Patch of Blue - APH Film Series

Nickie Pearl njp at twc.com
Fri Aug 9 21:12:00 UTC 2013

From: Katie Carpenter
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 4:04 PM
To: debbied629 at gmail.com ; peajane at iglou.com ; pat1206 at insightbb.com ; pat1206 at twc.com ; parkalot71 at gmail.com ; rickrod at insightbb.com ; cathyj1949 at gmail.com ; adamcarla at bellsouth.net ; d.scoggins at insightbb.com ; Darrenteed.inspired at gmail.com ; yountaqua at aol.com ; Hellena.keaton at gmail.com ; joan.balot at insightbb.com ; cathyj1949 at gmail.com ; ben.wright at ksb.kyschools.us ; dctrevino at bellsouth.net ; b.henning at insightbb.com ; b.henning at twc.com ; daughertyjb at gmail.com ; chitah at insightbb.com ; fredkate at insightbb.com ; fredkate at twc.com ; njp at insightbb.com ; debbie109 at insightbb.com ; ke4lvp at twc.com ; lmoore67 at insight.com ; clefnotes at insightbb.com ; dkucz at peoplepc.com ; martypearl at hotmail.com ; kyfranks at yahoo.com ; njp at twc.com
Subject: A Patch of Blue - APH Film Series

Hi Friends,

I just wanted to remind you all of the third and last film in our APH Film Fest, which is a week from Saturday—August 17. The movie is A Patch of Blue. It dates from 1962 and deals with the friendship between a young girl who is blind and a man who wants to help her escape her abusive home life.  Released in 1962 , at the heart of the Civil Rights movement in the U.S.,  it makes a powerful statement about racial tension at the time and was nominated for several Oscars.

Our discussions following the last two movies have been really interesting, and I’m expecting this one to be the same. The movie starts at 12:30, and we will provide the popcorn, junior mints, and soft drinks for that real movie experience—at no charge.  Let me know if you’d like to come and I’ll put you on the reservation list. We will be through by 3 p.m.

Katie Carpenter

Museum Educator

Museum of the American Printing House for the Blind

1839 Frankfort Avenue

Louisville, KY 40206

kcarpenter at aph.org

502-899-2213