[Nfbk] IL/OIB Services

Nickie Pearl njp at twc.com
Wed Aug 14 18:12:44 UTC 2013

FYI...

From: Flanagan, Allison A (OFB-FK)
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:49 PM
To: Wright, Jennifer (OFB-FK)
Subject: IL/OIB Services

SRC Members:

Please read the following memorandum that has been sent to all staff
today.  This was a difficult decision but due to our limited funding
for the IL/OIB program and limited funding with our SSA Reimbursement
funds this decision had to be made.  VR funds cannot be used for
IL/OIB services nor can any other federal funds other than the IL/OIB
grants.  While the VR program brings in our SSA reimbursement funds we
unfortunately have been utilizing those funds to sustain the IL/OIB
program every year.  This can no longer continue.  As the memo states
our IL/OIB staff will only be working with VR eligible consumers the
remainder of this federal fiscal year until new funds are appropriated
in October.  WE are continuing to identify solutions to maintain the
IL/OIB program within their specific funding stream and feel confident
we will succeed but it will take time.  If you have questions don’t
hesitate to contact me.

Allison Flanagan, MRC, CRC
Executive Director
Office for the Blind