[Nfbk] A P H / Dolly Parton

Kevin Pearl kvnprl at twc.com
Mon Dec 2 02:55:29 UTC 2013

American Printing House for the Blind & Dolly Parton's Imagination Library Partnership

Audio BooksThe American Printing House for the Blind (APH) and the Dollywood Foundation began an exciting partnership in the summer of 2011 that expands Dolly Parton's Imagination Library (DPIL) program to provide young blind and visually impaired children with accessible books in audio and print/braille formats!

Thanks to the APH/Dolly Parton's Imagination Library Partnership and the support of Penguin Group USA, the Accessible Books website was established at APH. It offers a growing collection of audio files of Imagination Library books available as free downloads.

NEW! Print/Braille Books
Apply Now — FREE Print/Braille Books from APH and the Dolly Parton Imagination Library Partnership!

Now, selected Imagination Library Books are also available, free-of-charge, in print/braille format. By enrolling in the Partners Print/Braille Book Program, a child is able to receive five free print/braille books each year until reaching his/her 6th birthday.

APH selects the titles from the current year’s DPIL booklist—those most appropriate for a child with a visual impairment. Print/braille versions are mailed directly to the child’s family.

Is your child a potential braille reader under six years of age? If yes, APPLY now for the Partners Print/Braille Book Program! Books are limited and enrollment is on a first come/first serve basis. Complete and submit our application form here.

This free service is made possible by generous donors from across the country. APH welcomes contributions to help defray initial costs and expand the program so that all blind and visually impaired children will benefit from this wonderful service. Donate Now!

APH President Tuck Tinsley: "We're excited! What an honor it is to partner with someone like Dolly who is as passionate about literacy as we are. This relationship between The Imagination Library and the American Printing House for the Blind means that blind and visually impaired preschoolers can now be more involved in the experience of reading with their parents."

Ms. Parton: "Any credit I get is really due to the hard work and fine reputation of all of those who partner with us to bring the love of reading to so many kids. I am just thrilled we can work together to bring this same joy to all children who may have trouble seeing but have no trouble in believing that all of their dreams can come true."

About Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library, a part of the Dollywood Foundation, partners with local sponsors in 1,300 communities in 3 countries to provide a quality, age appropriate book each month to preschool children enrolled in the program. For more information, visitwww.imaginationlibrary.com or the officialFacebook page.

About the American Printing House for the Blind
American Printing House for the Blind (APH), founded in 1858, is the world's largest nonprofit organization creating educational, workplace, and independent living products for people who are blind and visually impaired.