[Nfbk] {Disarmed} Sacred Texts: Where to Get Them in Alternate Media

Rick Roderick rickrod at twc.com
Fri Dec 6 00:43:01 UTC 2013

The thing that strikes me about this list is that very few of these places
offer the complete New revised Standard version. This is the version used by
many mainline denominations. The American Bible Society offered it in
braille at one time, but the cost was $2,000. they discontinued it and, to
my knowledge, they do not have BRF files for it.

I found the NRSV on www.devotions.net.

Another source is Bookshare.org. They have the complete NRSV with a
concordance, but from what I could tell, the concordance wasn't formatted
very well.

Bookshare also has several study Bibles that I know of, all based on the
NRSV. These are the Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha, the HarperCollins
Study Bible, and Abingdon Press's Interpreter's Bible commentary.