[Nfbk] Rope-A-Dope

Cathy Jackson cathyj1949 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 00:11:50 UTC 2013

Hey All.
I am at National Convention in the NABS meeting listening to our scholarship winners. I have not had a chance to email John Roberts yet, but rest assured I will. With so many
Responsibilities I am running in circles. I haven't seen anyone using ropes to keep the group together, not even the youngest kids in NFB camp. I have finally managed to get through 4 dats of email. I think Katie, Maria. Melanie, Kevin, Denise and others have done a terrific job of answering questions and explaining the NFB philosophy. I really am astonished at some of the comments takins KSB's side. Although we do need to give John Roberts the chance to make things right, the fact remains they made a huge mistake. The student who refused to take the rope is a champion not only for the students but for all blind people. We fight so hard to be seen as competent, independent people and then something like this happens. For those who think we should calm down need to consider how these actions reflect on all of us. There is a reason why I am in NFB and that is  to promote a positive can-do attitude about blindness. We will continue to do what we do best and that us to advocate for the rights of the blind of all ages. I am proud to be president of the NFB of Kentucky.
Cathy Jackson