[Nfbk] National Convention travel issues!

Nickie Pearl njp at twc.com
Sun Jul 21 16:01:03 UTC 2013

  Hello!  I hope none of our Kentucky Convention goers had issues like those mentioned below. If so, please report them!
  Thanks!

  Good afternoon all:

  The NFB Travel and Tourism Division has had many concerns on people who were traveling to and from the National Convention.

  We had a serious issue about Southwest and guide dogs, we have also had people traveling via other airlines, that they are taking canes away, and also asking people to change their seats because they were sitting in the emergency evacuation areas, and not asked if they wanted to help in these areas, just moved.

  We need to hear from you so that we can help on these issues.

  So, please contact me. Cheryl Echevarria, President of the NFB Travel & Tourism Division at cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

  In the meantime, you can call on any complaints to the Air Carrier Access Line at 1-800-878-4838 and also with the Department of Transportation at http://www.dot.gov/airconsumer to put in a complaint.

  Thank you

  Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
  Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

  Cheryl Echevarria, Owner
  http://www.echevarriatravel.com
  631-456-5394
  reservations at echevarriatravel.com
  http://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com

  Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose Travel
  CST - #1018299-10 FL CST T156780

  Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking https://nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314.

  Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. http://www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.
  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama