[Nfbk] Android phone

slery slerythema at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 05:13:09 UTC 2013

You know I'm pretty geeky, Mario. I will NOT use an iPhone until it is the
ONLY option. I do not like MACs and yes I have used plenty. They are great
for some things but do not let the average user have access to much of the
system. At one point in my life, I was using DOS at work, MAC for university
work, and win 3.1 at home on a daily basis. I cannot stand using iTunes and
avoid it like the plague. None of these reasons have anything to do with
accessibility and are even based off of my experiences as a sighted person.

Now, I will give you that the iPhone has blazed a great trail for blind
people to join in on society, and for ninety percent of blind people it is
the right choice. I am not one of those people.

We have been extremely busy at our house so I went looking here to see if
anyone had a quick answer to get me up and running with some form of
keyboard so I can spend my time learning how to use all of the different
things on the phone (and man is there a lot to learn). So far, we have
avoided the data plans in our house because the price for what you got was
not worth it to us. We will now be moving to a phase in our life where we
need to have access to various things on the go on a routine/daily basis.

Cindy