[Nfbk] Nancy's Bagel Grounds

Kenneth Jones kennethwj at insightbb.com
Tue Mar 26 00:09:02 UTC 2013

Thanks Kevin!  Boy time sure does fly.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cathy Jackson
  Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 4:50 PM
  Subject: Re: [Nfbk] Nancy's Bagel Grounds

  Oh Hell! Leave it to Kevin to rummage through the archives.

  On Mar 25, 2013, at 4:07 PM, Kevin Pearl <kvnprl at insightbb.com> wrote:

    Here is a message from the NFBK Archives. February 10, 2003:

    Hello All,

    Last week representatives from New Vision Enterprises for the Blind went to
    Nanci's Bagel Shop to inquire about jobs for blind people. Nanci's attitude
    was quite negative. She would not hire a blind person because they would
    have to use knives and make hot coffee. I have written her a letter making
    it clear where NFB of Kentucky stands on this issue. I suggested that one
    of our vendors or perhaps a homemaker could visit her establishment to
    demonstrate that blind people are capable of performing such tasks. I also
    explained to her about the Business Enterprise program and the kinds of
    facilities that blind men and women are operating every day. If we are not
    good enough to work in her store, then we shouldn't patronize the place. I
    told her in my letter that news of her attitude was spreading through the
    Clifton community and it is quite likely she would be seeing fewer blind
    customers. I was confident when I told her our family and friends who are
    sighted would also support our cause. I think we should spread the word. We
    need to hit her in the pocketbook.

    Cathy Jackson
    http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbk_nfbnet.org/cathyj1949%40gmail.com

  http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbk_nfbnet.org/kennethwj%40insightbb.com