[Nfbk] Talking Book Library

Kevin Pearl kvnprl at twc.com
Tue Oct 1 19:54:38 UTC 2013

The Kentucky Talking Book Library would like to reassure patrons that our library is open and will continue to mail books as usual. While many of our library materials come from a federal program called the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS), the Kentucky Talking Book Library is part of state government and will not close due to the federal shutdown. Until a new federal budget passes, NLS websites such as BARD (the Braille and Audio Reading Download website), the online catalog, and the main NLS website will be unavailable. If you usually download books and need something to read, please feel free to contact KTBL at 1-800-372-2968, (502) 564-8300 ext 276, or ktbl.mail at ky.gov. We will be glad to mail you some books and a digital talking book player, if needed.