[Nfbk] Information- Louisville

Melanie Peskoe mpeskoe at twc.com
Fri Sep 20 21:56:46 UTC 2013

Hi Shari,

My name is Melanie Peskoe and I am the current president of the Greater
Louisville chapter of the NFB of Kentucky. Are you located in Louisville?
First and foremost I'd like to invite you to our annual NFBK state
convention which is being held in Louisville this year at the Ramada Inn on
October 4-6. We would love to have you join us!

Secondly, typically the Louisville chapter meets once monthly and most of
the time we meet on the third Friday evening, however, when there are
special events planned we veer from that schedule. In order to keep up with
what's going on we suggest you either call our talking bulletin board at
502-495-7130 or find us on facebook by searching NFBGL. Dues are $2.00 each
year and you can join any time. October is "Meet the Blind Month" for the
NFB and we have a few events planned. We are participating in the White Cane
Day event at Fourth Street Live on 10/15. We're also partnering with the
Parent Teacher Association at the Kentucky School for the Blind to have a
Halloween party for blind children. Lastly, we're hosting a booth at the
Highlands Boo Fest at the end of the month where we'll have Braille and cane
demonstrations and activities for the kids and candy of course.

So there you have it - that's what we're up to and we'd love to have you
join us any time! Please feel free to call me directly if I can be of any
assistance. My number is 502-262-1403. I hope to meet you soon!

Regards,

Melanie