[Nfbk] some question

Kathy Pingstock kpingstock at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 21:24:56 UTC 2013

Thank you for this info.

Kathy

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfbk [mailto:nfbk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of I. C. Bray
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:04 AM
To: NFB of Kentucky Internet Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Nfbk] some question

Kathy,
As a recent graduate of the McDowell Center, I can tell you that when you get your Orientation & Mobility training, Kent will teach you whatever you think you need or want.
The deciding factor will be, will you use, and will you be in a place to practice and use your skills.
For instance, if you do not come to the city, or you do not have access to public transportation, he is not likely to go in depth with you.
However, if you move here, and you have to walk or ride a bus to places, you will learn, and practice those skills once you get to that level.
It will take you a long time to get used to the hustle & bustle, and you will get lost, and confused.  You just have to continue to believe in yourself, and trust Kent to listen to you and not be afraid to ask questions.

Also, be aware that you WILL have to wait a while for O & M.  Kent is very good and thorough and usually has a waiting list.

Ian  C. Bray