[Nfbk] FW: GW Micro Expands Its Accessibility Services - GW Micro Now Provides Web, Software, and Document Compliance Testing

George Stokes george4581 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 14:20:08 UTC 2014

From: gw-news at gwmicro.com [mailto:gw-news at gwmicro.com]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 10:14 AM
To: gw-news at gwmicro.com
Subject: GW Micro Expands Its Accessibility Services - GW Micro Now Provides Web, Software, and Document Compliance Testing

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Fort Wayne, IN (April 28 2014) – GW Micro (www.gwmicro.com) announced today that it has expanded its services beyond software and hardware for people who are blind or visually impaired.  It will now be offering services to organizations who are required to develop, procure, maintain and use electronic and information technology (EIT) that is accessible to people with disabilities.  GW Micro’s accessibility services will also be available to any person or organization who is interested in making their websites, documents or software accessible and compliant with Section 508 standards, the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), or the internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.

Many organizations are required by law to have accessible EIT as mandated by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and the ADA. “We continue to see an increasing demand for accessible websites, software, and documents,” said Dan Weirich, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for GW Micro.  “There are few companies who have the knowledge and experience to help resolve these issues, and we know GW Micro can fulfill this need.”

GW Micro develops and sells a screen reader, Window-Eyes, which makes the computer accessible via speech and Braille to a person who is blind or visually impaired.  Weirich noted that GW Micro is the only screen reader company to provide these services.  “Many times, organizations will be required to do testing and determine if their website can be accessed by a screen reader user, and since we develop the technology, this is a great fit.”

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) has recommended GW Micro as a Web Accessibility Consultant (WAC).  “We are excited to see GW Micro add their expertise to this area of the marketplace,” said Anne Taylor, Director of Access Technology for the NFB.  “We have had a long-term relationship with GW Micro and are happy to recommend them to organizations that need to ensure they are compliant.”

Parties interested in receiving a free initial consultation can call GW Micro at (260) 489-3671 or email accessibility at gwmicro.com.  For more information about GW Micro’s accessibility services, please visit: http://www.gwmicro.com/Accessibility_Solutions/.

Contact:
Dan Weirich, VP of Sales and Marketing
dan at gwmicro.com
(260) 489-3671