[Nfbk] Debriefing

Pamela pam.glisson at insightbb.com
Fri Feb 7 00:23:31 UTC 2014

Wow!! You guys are awesome!!!  Thank you so much for letting me know that you made the contact to KY's senators yesterday about Fix WIA Wednesday.  This is collective action and how we impact the world to make it a better place for our brothers and sisters.

Keep tweeting!  We are not done yet.

Smiles, Pamela

Please see below the message from Roase at the national office regarding everyone's efforts yesterday.

Thank you all so much for all of your tweets and emails yesterday.  I am happy, THRILLED actually, to announce that the hash tag #FixWIA was used over 600 times yesterday.  Incredible.  Excellent work.

Three states can be added to the list of states that I know either emailed or tweeted yesterday. These are: Ohio, Iowa and Alabama, for a total of 37 states.

I wanted to share with you some of the tweets.  Feel free to keep tweeting about this even though FixWIA Wednesday has passed.

@MarkUdall STOP subminimum wage for workers with disabilities!  #Strike511 and keep RSA in DOE #FixWia

Moving RSA to Labor from Ed is like impulsively dying your hair pink. Spend millions, but it turns out worse. @SenBennetCO #FixWIA

@SenatorDurbin We want an END to subminimum wages, not a bill that allows for more! #Strike511 #FixWIA

Putting people with disabilities to "work" for pennies an hour is not good will. It is offensive, discriminatory policy.  #FixWIA

@SenCarlLevin We need your leadership to #FIXWIA. Will you #Strike511 and preserve rehab services?

@SenatorCardin, I request your help to #FixWia.  Please oppose Section 511 & preserve rehab services.  TY

I wish I could say that since we all worked so hard yesterday that our work is done.  However, our work is not done until we have a commitment from a Senator saying that he/she will offer our amendments to WIA.  If you receive a response from your Senator, let me know.  Hopefully FixWIA Wednesday is just the start of a dialog that will result in a champion Senator offering our amendments.

Take care everyone,

Rose

PS I think this goes without saying, but just in case. YOU ALL ROCK.