[Nfbk] Amazon is at it again.

Rick Roderick rickrod at twc.com
Wed Jul 9 13:52:14 UTC 2014

I wonder if this is a rogue employee.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfbk [mailto:nfbk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Scott Spaulding via
Nfbk
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 9:44 AM
To: April Brown; NFB of Kentucky Internet Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Nfbk] Amazon is at it again.

Yes, the accounts have not been able to be accessed since yesterday. There
are my account, her account, a friends account , her boyfriends account & my
audible.com account are all affected.

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 9, 2014, at 8:22 AM, April Brown via Nfbk <nfbk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> First, that can't be legal.
>
> Second, they sell products for the visually impaired.
>
> Third, Visually impaired writers have books available on AMazon.
>
> Fourth, Are you sure the accounts are closed?
>
> Fifth:  Looks like a scam email.  There grammar isn't unreadable.  There
are red flags.  "you using" "getting" Incorrect sentence breaks.

> Sixth: There is no such notice in the conditions of use.  To have such
would be illegal.

> Seventh: And most important! Whatever you do, don't click on the links,
because they probably allowed a hacker into the accounts affected.

> Cancel any credit cards associated with those accounts.  And check your
credit history as soon as possible.

> April Brown
>
> Writing dramatic adventure novels uncovering the myths we hide behind.
>
> aprilbrownshade at gmail.com
>
> Website: https://sites.google.com/site/uncoveredmyths/
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/UncoveredMyths
> Google Plus:  https://plus.google.com/116003267969710767555/posts