[Nfbk] Greater Louisville July meeting

Nickie Pearl njp at twc.com
Tue Jul 22 20:16:09 UTC 2014

Just a reminder to everyone!
Hope to see you all Saturday!

Thanks!
Nickie

From: Melanie Peskoe via Nfbk
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 5:59 PM
To: NFB of Kentucky Internet Mailing List
Subject: [Nfbk] Greater Louisville July meeting

Greetings Fellow Federationists!

The Greater Louisville chapter of NFBK will hold our monthly meeting on Saturday, July 26 from 4-7pm at the Waterfront Tumbleweed located at 1201 River Road. We will discuss the 2014 NFB National Convention and some of the exciting things that are happening in our organization. Be prepared to be inspired!

Our special  guest this month will be the First Transit General Manager, Mr. Marvin Greene. Marvin would like to hear from our chapter about our experiences with the First Transit Service. He will also bring a dispatcher as well as a driver along to share their experiences and perspective as well.

Don’t forget about our school supply drive. For every item you bring you’ll get one entry into the contest for a trip to the NFBK state convention. Also, every person who can recite the NFB pledge from memory will get one additional entry!

The NFB pledge is as follows: I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.

I hope to see many of you there. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me or any member of the GL board of directors.

Melanie

PS, Since no one has claimed the Tumbleweed gift card that was auctioned off in March we will give it as a door prize at the meeting!

--

Melanie Peskoe

502-262-1403 (voice/text)

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbk_nfbnet.org/njp%40twc.com