[Nfbk] Fwd: Blindsight at APH Museum this Saturday

Joey Couch ki4vjd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 22:45:11 UTC 2015

From: Katie Carpenter <kcarpenter at aph.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:19:23 +0000
Subject: Blindsight at APH Museum this Saturday

Hi Museum Friends,

Blindsight, the last film in our summer documentary series, is this
Saturday, July 25, from 12:30-2:30.

Blindsight relates how six Tibetan teenagers, all blind, reached the
23,000 summit of Mount Lhakpa Ri, practically next door to Everest.
They were led by their teacher, Sabriye Tenberken, a blind educator
and adventurer who established the first school for the blind in
Tibet, and their guide, blind mountaineer and adventurer Eric
Weihenmeyer. It is also about the challenges of being blind, the
important of building confidence in young people, and the clash of
Western and Tibetan notions of success.

Some of you might have attended Eric's very fascinating talk for KSB
back in May.

Once again, Nancy Urbscheit will lead a discussion after the movie,
and there will be plenty of movie-appropriate snacks and drinks. The
movie is audio-described.

Please all or email me if you'd like to reserve a seat.

Katie

Katie Carpenter
Museum Educator
Museum of the American Printing House for the Blind
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville KY 40206
502-899-2213

--