[Nfbk] State Convention Fundraising

kayla.penny at louisville.edu kayla.penny at louisville.edu
Wed Jul 15 14:37:19 UTC 2015

Good morning everyone,

Now that we're back from national convention it's time to start planning for state convention!   As I'm sure you all know convention costs continue to be on the rise making it difficult for many to attend convention.   The state board hopes to offset some of these costs by getting donations from a GoFundMe page.   This has worked well for other states and we hope it will for us too.

What we need is for all of you to post the link on Facebook/Twitter and email/text it to your contacts.   The link is:  http://www.gofundme.com/zd9h8g8

As I'm sure some of you will notice the "About This Campaign" section just has the basics written right now; this is intentional for the time being.   I need division Presidents or someone representing them to send me a brief statement about why your event would be beneficial to blind people.  Think in terms of education and employment opportunities.   Being brief is really important, (just a couple sentences) this isn't a cardinal article, people will stop reading if it's too long!

I will be updating the page as I get information from everyone.  The agenda will also be included as we get closer to the actual convention.

Our goal is $5000, so make sure you're sharing the link frequently!   Again, the campaign can be found at:  http://www.gofundme.com/zd9h8g8

Katie