[Nfbk] Louisville Members--TARC's New Fare Collection System Coming Soon!

Nickie Pearl njp at twc.com
Fri Jun 12 12:54:14 UTC 2015

Good morning!
	TARC will be instituting a new fare collection system that will require everyone to have a "smart card".  You will be able to refill your card with money as needed.  This new system is only for the fixed route buses right now, TARC3 will stay with cash or paper tickets for the time being.

If you are eligible for TARC3 you will be required to visit the TARC offices to get your smart card. TARC3 eligible customers will have a photo smart card that alerts bus drivers of our lower fare price & disability status.

The new fare boxes are being installed on buses now as a training tool.  You will continue to use cash or paper tickets for now.  The new cards are not scheduled to be available until July 29th.  I have attached a link to TARC's website that has more info.

http://www.ridetarc.org/mytarc-questions-and-answers/

Respectfully,
Nickie