[Nfbk] A Day in Frankfort

Cathy Jackson cathyj1949 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 00:37:34 UTC 2016

Good Evening All,
We had a good day on the hill. We got positive feedback from legislators and Secretary Heiner. I know we have an up hill battle given the comments the Governor has made regarding his budget. But,  at least we feel pretty good knowing there is much support for NEWSLINE and hopefully a decent budget for OFB.
We can't let our guard down. As far as we can tell the information is not being shared on Twitter and Facebook as much as we had hoped it would be. I hope you all are calling and emailing too.
You can call the switchboard at 502-564-8100 and ask to leave 2 messages for all members of the Appropriations and Revenue Committee. The messages are very simple.
1. Ask that a line item be added to the Governor's budget to fund the Accessible Electronic information Service in Kentucky.
2. To fully fund the Kentucky Office for the blind.
The members of the committee have all been given packets of information, so they will know what you are talking about. The law refers to NEWSLINE as the Accessible Electronic Information Service, so we want to be consistent.
We appreciate your help more than you know.