[Nfbk] Washington Seminar wrap up

Cathy Jackson cathyj1949 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:22:11 UTC 2016

Good Evening,
Well another Washington Seminar is in the books. Chris, Jayne and I did a tremendous job. De spite closures, mounds of snow, rescheduling, and more changes we managed to get it all done. We were able to schedule meetings with 7 out of 8 of our reps. Unfortunately our Congressmen didn't make it back to DC. We met with staffers, but all-in-all the mood was good and they responded favorably. Our Senators were in town. As usual we didn't see McConnell. History was made when Rand Paul dropped in and talked with us about Transitioning to Integrated Meaningful Employment (TIME). He is not convinced that we are right. Jayne and I are sorta ashamed to admit it, but we got a picture with him. See below! Sitting in the airport waiting to return to our Kentucky home.