[Nfbk] Guide Dog Attack

Dave Wilkinson dave at hims-inc.com
Tue May 3 21:40:33 UTC 2016

I am writing this message to let you know that there is a Doberman guide dog
in Louisville from Pilot Dogs which has attacked another guide dog.

Yesterday afternoon at the bus stop at Frankfurt and State street, my wife's
guide dog, Topeka, was attacked by this Doberman. The doberman's name is
Autumn, and its owner's first name is Derrick. This guide dog is new.
Multiple eye witnesses said Derrick was overpowered by his dog as she
charged at Topeka. Topeka was sitting still and not moving towards the
Doberman.

Derrick has had other guide dogs and this is in no way an indictment of him
or his skills with a guide dog. But Autumn is a dangerous dog who has  been
extremely aggressive towards other guide dogs in the past several weeks.

Guide Dogs for the Blind has pictures of the multiple wounds and abrasions
on Topeka's head and neck from the attack. Guide Dogs for the Blind is in
touch with Pilot Dogs to work out a solution. Pilot Dogs is not being
cooperative and is claiming there is no way we can know who the dog and
owner are. The dog and owner have unquestionably been identified by multiple
sources.

Other guide dog owners need to be aware of this dog, Autumn, until she is
off the streets.

Dave

Dave Wilkinson

National Education Manager