[Nfbk] Cardtronics ATM Testing

Cathy Jackson cathyj1949 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 16:07:38 UTC 2017

Hello,
As some of you may remember, several years ago the NFB was involved in a
law suit against the Cardtronics company. We tested their ATM machines all
across the country, including here in Kentucky. Well, we are now ready to
test their ATM machines again. This time they should be totally accessible.
Over the last few years the folks at Cardtronics have partnered with the
NFB to make all of this happen.
The NFB will conduct nationwide Cardtroniccs ATM testing in September and
October of this year as an important part of the NFB's settlement agreement
wtih Cardtronics. Our affiliate is included in this testing effort and will
have the opportunity to test at least eleven ATMs for accessibility. If you
would like to be a tester, please contace me before August 15. Testers will
need to be able to read Braille instructions and should be comfortable
using an ATM and completing an online survey. Testers will be asked to
confirm that voice guidance software and other accessibility features have
been added to specific, assigned Cardtronics ATMs. The tester's role is
critical to this project and I thank you for considering being involved.
You can contact me off line at cathyj1949 at gmail.com or by phone at
502-366-2317 for more specific details.