[Nfbk] FW: Scholarship opportunity

Todd E. Stephens todde.stephens at windstream.net
Sat Feb 4 01:43:01 UTC 2017

FYI!

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Wright, Jennifer (OFB-FK) [mailto:JenniferN.Wright at ky.gov]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 11:21 AM
Subject: FW: Scholarship opportunity

Scholarship for College Students with Disabilities

disABLEDperson, Inc announces our Spring 2017 National Scholarship
Competition for College Students with Disabilities! This competition begins
on February 1, 2017 and ends on March 31, 2017 for the award of $2,000!

To participate, follow these simple steps: Write an essay with no more than
1,000 words (prompt can be found
HERE<http://x25z.r.ca.d.sendibm2.com/1bm374i1rm4nbd.html>.)

Next, you need to register for the competition. To do so click on "Register
Now"<http://x25z.r.ca.d.sendibm2.com/1bm374iu7m4nbd.html> Fill out the form
completely and paste your essay into the form.

A few reminders: Please keep in mind that the form must be filled out
completely. We cannot accept incomplete or fraudulent forms. Correct
spelling and grammar is important. Please submit carefully edited drafts
only.

In order to qualify, the student must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year
accredited college or university in the United States of America. They must
be a matriculated student and attending school full time and a U.S. citizen.
We will accept students who are not attending school full time as long as
the part-time attendance is due to their disability and not their financial
situation (minimum of 6 credits for undergraduate, 6 credits for graduate).
Unfortunately, we are not able to award scholarships to high school
students.

Upon winning, the student will prove disability and matriculation through
their Disability Student Services department. We define disability as
described under the ADA: "A physical or mental impairment that substantially
limits one or more major life activities of such an individual. A record of
such an impairment or being regarded as having such an impairment".

Be sure to submit your entry before the March 31, 2017 deadline. The winner
will be announced on our website on April 15, 2017. All decisions made by
disABLEDperson, Inc. are final.

The Essay Prompt: Located at
HERE<http://x25z.r.ca.d.sendibm2.com/1bm374jmnm4nbd.html>, Now
REGISTER<http://x25z.r.ca.d.sendibm2.com/1bm374kf3m4nbd.html>

Note: any essay exceeding 1000 words will be disqualified.

Thank you!
Mike Corso

disABLEDperson, Inc. a 501 (c)(3) charity whose mission is to reduce the
high unemployment rate of people and veterans with disabilities.
We accomplish this through our 2 national job boards:
www.disABLEDperson.com<http://www.disABLEDperson.com> and Job Opportunities
for Disabled Veterans or www.JOFDAV.com<http://www.JOFDAV.com>

"Ours simply is to serve"

disABLEDperson, Inc. PO Box 230636 Encinitas, CA. 92023-0636
info at disabledperson.com<mailto:info at disabledperson.com>

Sharon Lovering, Editor
American Council of the Blind
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420