[Nfbk] Attention Louisville Area TARC3 Users.

Nickie Pearl njp at twc.com
Thu Jun 8 21:12:09 UTC 2017

Good afternoon!

Several months ago I had posted in regards to Yellow Cab inaccurately entering fares for TARC3 rides. For awhile, things seemed to get better , but I have heard from several people that inaccurate data entry of fares is happening again.
I have emailed Mrs Rao, Director of Paratransit at TARC to see if there is anything that could be done about this issue.
Apparently, some of us have been made to feel like liars & been disrespected when speaking with TARC employees about their account status.
I would like to hear from any of you who have had their account suspended over a no fare situation, whether it was a Yellow Cab or TARC3 vehicle & any dates that TARC employees gave you which are the dates in question & if your interaction with TARC employees were less than respectful or courteous.

If you have not encountered a suspension with TARC3 yet, I highly encourage you to call & check your no fare status. They will be able to tell you if you have any no fares on your account, the date & which vehicle type it was.  If you accumulate 5 no fares, your privileges with TARC3 will be suspended.

After my second suspension, when I use a ticket, I write my name & date on both sides. I know for some of you this is not a practical work around, but if it's at all possible I suggest doing it.  I was told they photo copy each ticket that is used, so if your name is on it there is no way they can dispute you paid.  Even if you use a rubber stamp to sign documents or checks, use that on your TARC3 tickets.

Information I collect, I will be sending to Mrs. Rao to show a wide spread issue.  Thank you!

Respectfully,
Nickie Pearl
502-489-4457
njp at twc.com