[Nfbk] A Winner

Cathy Jackson cathyj1949 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 12:28:33 UTC 2017

Good Morning All!
Some of you may have heard already, but I wanted to share the news with everyone. Carmyn Blakey, a third grader at Breckinridge/Franklin Elementary here in Jefferson County took first place in the Braille Challenge in her age group. This is a national competition. NFBK, NAPUB, and TAD all contributed to help Carmyn and her Mom make this amazing trip. I hope she will be able to share her experience with us at state convention.
I also need to let you know that we have 6 students from Kentucky who have been selected to participate in NFB Youth Slam. They are: Ramazani Mubelela, Xakhary Abecrombie, Mari Durrett, Riley Seif, Willie Barksdale, and Nichole. NFBK also helped make sure these students were able to meet their financial obligation. I hope these students will be able to share their experience with us at convention as well.
We are promoting the next generation of NFBK leaders!