[Nfbk] FW: Memo from Secretary Heiner on Beth Kuhn

Todd E. Stephens todde.stephens at windstream.net
Wed Apr 4 17:31:48 UTC 2018

FYI,

Todd

From: Neal, Holly (OETCO-FK)
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 12:21 PM
Subject: FW: Memo from Secretary Heiner

Memo: Commissioner Beth Kuhn to transition to work exclusively on Medicaid
1115 waiver

To: Board Chairs, Local Directors and state partners

From: Secretary Hal Heiner

Since the federal approval of Kentucky's 1115 Medicaid Waiver on January 12,
the eyes of the nation have been on the Commonwealth as we implement
community engagement in an effort to better the lives and health of our
Medicaid population.

As the Education and Workforce Development Cabinet (EWDC) and the Cabinet
for Health and Family Services (CHFS) solidify their relationship on the
Kentucky HEALTH project, Beth Kuhn will be leaving her post as Commissioner
of the Department of Workforce Investment as of April 30 to focus solely on
community engagement implementation. After April 30, Beth will serve as
Executive Adviser reporting directly to acting Secretary of the Cabinet for
Health and Family Services Scott Brinkman.

Beth has been a great asset to EWDC since she was appointed as commissioner
in 2014. Beth has built close relationships on behalf of our shared
customers with key partners including Kentucky Adult Education, KCTCS, and
our local workforce development boards.  She has led the charge on
transforming Kentucky's Career Centers from "unemployment offices" to
"reemployment offices" and has made many lasting improvements to Kentucky's
workforce development system.

She has over 30 years of experience creating and implementing innovative
workforce programs and will bring needed workforce development experience to
the Kentucky HEALTH project. We look forward to continuing to work with Beth
in her new role with Kentucky HEALTH.

I will be communicating plans for leadership of the department shortly.

Hal Heiner

Secretary
Education and Workforce Development Cabinet
300 Sower Boulevard, Frankfort KY  40601
502-564-0372