[NFBK] NFB of Greater Louisville Holiday Party Invitation and Information.

Nickie Pearl njp at twc.com
Sun Nov 10 21:03:56 UTC 2019

NFB of Greater Louisville Holiday Party Invitation & Information!

Date; Friday December 6, 2019.
Time; 6pm till 8pm.
Location: APH, 1839 Frankfort Ave. (4th Floor conference room)

Everyone is invited to join your Greater Louisville chapter in celebrating the holidays and we encourage you to bring family and friends.

We will be having a pot luck dinner with the chapter providing meat and cheese trays. If you have a favorite holiday dish, please contribute to the dinner by preparing and sharing your dish. We do ask that you let us know what dish you’ll be bringing.

Santa will be dropping by to join in the celebration as well as pass out gifts to the kids.
Parents, if you would like your child to receive a gift from Santa, simply purchase your child a gift, wrap it including the child’s name and then give that gift to a Greater Louisville board member when you arrive.

For our Christmas giving, we are making up gift bags for all kids at the Kentucky School for the Blind.
I will soon have the break down of ages and genders. The types of items we are stuffing bags with are; gloves, hats, scarfs, socks, and some personal hygiene items.
We would also like some fun items, for example, dress up jewelry for the younger girls, Braille Uno cards for middle school age kids, wallets for high school boys.
Our goal is for each student get a few necessities as well as a few fun items.  You do not have to buy for all students, purchasing some bulk items for a few is appropriate and appreciated.

We will also have a greeting card station where you can write a personal card to as many students as you’d like and then place those cards in the gift bags.

We look forward to sharing and celebrating the holiday season with each of you. If you would, please comment or email me with a total number RSVP, I’d appreciate that. This way we can get a good handle of how many meat and cheese trays we’ll need.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Respectfully,
Nickie Pearl
502-489-4457