[NFBK] Cardinal Time Articles Needed

Lora Felty lorafelty at windstream.net
Mon Apr 20 15:54:24 UTC 2020

Todd and I are beginning to work on the next edition of our NFB of Kentucky
Cardinal newsletter.  We want to have a bit of a different spin on this
issue due to the Covid 19 pandemic.  So, we are asking for two things from
those of you who wish to contribute.  Since many of us have more free time
than usual and are trying out new recipes in the kitchen, we thought this
would be a great opportunity to share those recipes.  Also, lots of us are
doing a bit more reading than usual.  We invite you to share a  BARD book
that you particularly have enjoyed.  Below are the guidelines in how we
would like you to share your recipe and reading recommendations.

First of all, please email submissions to lorafelty at windstream.net.  Do not

For recipes, please list ingredients prior to the recipe instructions.  Do
not send via text, send in the body of an email with no styles, i.e.
indentations or special formatting.

Also, we are interested in your favorite book that can be selected from the
Braille and Reading Download feature of the Kentucky Talking Book Library
service. In sharing our favorite publications from BARD, we believe this is
an opportunity that we must take to promote a valuable service that is very
important to those of us who have a print impairment. The Kentucky Talking
Book Library Service has been integral in leveling the playing field by
allowing the blind to listen to a wide variety of Digital Accessible
Information System (DASY) content that would not otherwise be available. In
addition, this service also gives us the option to download Braille
publications in the BRF format to read on our selected Braille note-taking
or reading device. Let us not take this free and valuable service for
granted. If you are print impaired and have not registered for BARD with the
Kentucky Talking Book Library Service, give them a call at 1-800-372-2968.

Please take a moment to share your favorite BARD book with us (Braille or
Audio). Your contribution will be published in the upcoming 2020 Spring
edition of the Kentucky Cardinal. If you can express your review in a
paragraph of why you are recommending a certain publication, that would be
greatly appreciated. We are also asking you to provide the information about
the publication for viewers so that they can have the relevant information
for a future download. Here is an example of what we would like you to
provide. In this example, I have selected the book, Lost, under Most Popular
Reads in BARD. If you click on the Title, you will find the following:

Lost DB 98503

Patterson, James
<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/search/lastname/page/1/sort/s/srch/Patt
erson%252C%2520James>  Born, James O
<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/search/lastname/page/1/sort/s/srch/Born
%252C%2520James%2520O> . Reading time 7 hours, 18 minutes.
Read by Corey Carthew
<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/search/narrator/srch/Corey%2520Carthew>
. A production of National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled,
Library of Congress.

Subjects: Suspense Fiction
<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/search/subject/page/1/sort/s/srch/Suspe
nse%2520Fiction>  ; Adventure
<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/search/subject/page/1/sort/s/srch/Adven
ture>  ; Mystery and Detective Stories
<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/search/subject/page/1/sort/s/srch/Myste
ry%2520and%2520Detective%2520Stories>

Series: Tom Moon
<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/search/series/srch/Tom%2520Moon>
volume: bk. 1.

scholarship before becoming a Miami PD officer. Now--as the new leader of an
FBI task force--Moon discovers that two opportunistic Russian nationals have
built a vast, powerful, and deadly crime syndicate throughout Europe and
metropolitan Miami. Unrated. Commercial audiobook. 2020.

Please email recipes and book recommendations to:

lorafelty at windstream.net

Submissions should be received by April 30, 2020.

Todd and I look forward to hearing about your favorite books and recipes!

Lora