[NFBK] NFBGL - August Meeting

lonnie at nfbofky.org lonnie at nfbofky.org
Mon Jul 13 14:21:40 UTC 2020

Mark your calendar for our next chapter meeting scheduled for Friday, August
7 from: 6:00-7:00 PM via the Zoom platform. As the situation with COVID-19
continues to impact our communities and with the reopening of businesses,
the circumstances require us to deal with unexpected challenges. As members
of the Federation, we welcome the opportunity to remain independent and
demonstrate that we're capable of continuing to live, work and play
independently. But, Just when we think we've got a handle on how to move
forward, a challenge will be presented without an immediate solution
available. Your local chapter continues to remain committed to ensuring that
we all work together and share information so that all of us may continue to
live the lives we want. Do you have a question or issue which you have been
unable to resolve? Have you experienced issues with receiving assistance at
businesses or encountered access or accommodation issues? Have you been
impacted by the civil unrest? We want to know about it. For our August
meeting, we plan to work toward getting answers to questions you may have
surrounding these and other points of concern. You're invited to send your
questions to Lonnie Swafford at lonnie at nfbofky.org
<mailto:lonnie at nfbofky.org> . We will work toward finding some answers and
solutions we all may discuss together. Since this will be our first time
attending a virtual national convention, this will also be an excellent
opportunity to share experiences, especially with those who may have been
unable to attend a particular session or event. Thank you for helping us
stay strong and support each other. Stay healthy, stay safe, stay connected!

Lonnie T. Swafford - President

National Federation of the Blind of Greater Louisville

Phone: (502) 609-2394

Fax: (502) 491-1992

Email: lonnie at nfbofky.org <mailto:lonnie at nfbofky.org>