[NFBK] NFB of Greater Louisville Updates.

Nickie Pearl njp at twc.com
Sat Jun 6 15:20:59 UTC 2020

Thank you to all who attended the NFB of Greater Louisville Zoom business meeting last evening.  We appreciate your dedication and participation in this chapter.
For those who may not have been on the meeting, I would like to report a few things.

Our NFB of Greater Louisville Mittie Lake Academic Scholarship was awarded to Mason Tilly.
Mason is from Tremble County and will be studying Information Technology at Northern Kentucky University.
Mason may be new to the NFB, but he demonstrates the organizations mission and does not let his blindness hold him back or define him.
Congratulations Mason, we look forward to your successes!

Elections were held last evening and your new NFB of Greater Louisville Board for 2020/2021 is as follows.
President, Lonnie Swafford.
Vice President, Sandra Williams.
Treasurer, Phil Seif.
Secretary, Taryn Seif.
Board Members, Scott Spaulding and Bill Deatherage.

Congratulations to this newly elected board.

We’ve got some strong leadership in place and I am excited to be a part of this chapter.  I would also like to say thank you to everyone for giving me the opportunity to serve as your President over the past few years. I will continue to be a active member and step up to the plate when needed.  It was time for me to head to the dugout and let a fresher leader take over.
Without change we can sometimes become stagnant and that will not keep our mission moving forward and we all owe it to our fellow blind citizens to keep moving and making a difference.
Thank you again and let’s go build the Federation!

Respectfully,
Nickie Pearl
502-489-4457
njp at twc.com