[NFBK] Reminder - NFBGL - Annual Giving Project

Lonnie Swafford lonnie.swafford at nfbofky.org
Mon Dec 6 17:36:32 UTC 2021

As a reminder, the deadline for the NFBGL annual giving project is December
15. Thanks to those who have already contributed. We're off to a great
start!

Please see details below with the direct link to contribute.

The National Federation of the Blind of Greater Louisville has designated
November as our month of giving. We aim to improve the quality of life for
others through community involvement and. This year, we have chosen to
support UP For Women and Children. We're asking for your help by providing a
monetary donation which will help this organization achieve its mission to
provide a healthy, safe environment for homeless women and children that
offers opportunities and encouragement for achieving self-sufficiency.

By providing shelter and resource options through a partnership of
providers, UP for Women and Children is where homeless women are empowered
to find hope, help, and refuge. This safe space empowers women and children
by meeting basic needs with access to laundry, hot showers and restrooms. UP
provides resources for social and health services, benefits, housing and
employment within an enthusiastic community of support. Through supportive
groups and classes, participants learn to strengthen their coping skills,
practice boundaries, communication skills, and gain support.

The giving project this year will run from November 15 through December 15.
Your support is very much appreciated and helps those who need it the most!
We also will be delivering holiday greeting cards that can be given to those
receiving services. Donations can be made online at:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=TVYPSSRSCUB4E

Thanks for your generous support to help provide essential resources for our
community!

Lonnie T. Swafford - President

National Federation of the Blind of Greater Louisville

Phone: (502) 609-2394

Fax: (502) 491-1992

Email: lonnie at nfbgl <mailto:lonnie at nfbofky.org> .org

Lonnie T. Swafford - Board Member

National Federation of the Blind of Kentucky