[NFBK] FW: New App to Increase Access to Visual Touchpads

NFBK First Vice President todd.stephens at nfbofky.org
Sun May 2 23:42:14 UTC 2021

Please take a moment to complete this survey regarding touch screen accessibility. I’ve taken it myself. This research is very exciting and good news for the blind.

Best,

Todd

------

With digital/physical interfaces (touchpads and touchscreens) growing in popularity, we know that accessibility is becoming harder for people with low vision or blindness. I am a part of a graduate student consulting project to help a technology startup in their development of accessibility apps and products for the blind and low vision communities.

Our team is helping to launch an app which will improve physical/digital access by not only recognizing visually-labeled buttons on a keypad, but by verbally announcing which button the user’s finger is currently on.

We have been conducting one-on-one interviews with blind and low-vision individuals in an attempt to better understand the challenges facing those with visual impairment and what features. Here is the 3-minute survey link: https://forms.gle/jXbsZiaX1EdJD5i89

Sincerely,

Christina Gray Stetson

MBA Candidate, Suffolk University, Sawyer Business School

cstetson2 at su.suffolk.edu <mailto:cstetson2 at su.suffolk.edu>   I  614-256-5434 <tel:614-256-5434>