[NFBK] Statewide Meeting: Building Community & Adding To Your Toolbox

Jayne Seif jayneseif at att.net
Sun Mar 27 21:28:27 UTC 2022

It’s a great time to be blind. You can read books from your phone, order a car from your mobile device, have nearly anything delivered, and even connect to live volunteers if you want someone to take a look at something for you.  Join us as we here from a Be Ny Eyes app volunteer and share stories from our own experiences. This topic is relevant to both users of iOS devices and those using the android platform. In December 2017 Be My Eyes was chosen as Google Play Best Apps of 2017 in the categories; “Most Innovative”, “Best Daily Helper” and “Best Hidden Gem”, and in May 2018 Be My Eyes won the Google Play Award 2018 for Best Accessibility.

If you have a story, come prepared to share. If you know someone who would be interested in volunteering, bring them along too. Accessibility comes from learning to use a wide variety of tools in a range of situations. As a community we are learning together to change what it means to be blind. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." —Barack Obama

When: Monday, March 28, 8:00 PM EST

WHERE: Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/95552433277

Meeting ID: 955 5243 3277
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,95552433277# US (New York)
+13017158592,,95552433277# US (Washington DC)

Meeting ID: 955 5243 3277
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aRufRLYO