[NFBK] All Chapters Meeting - Monday, May 9, 2022 at 8:00 PM, EST

Lonnie Swafford - NFBKY lonnie.swafford at nfbofky.org
Mon May 2 20:34:53 UTC 2022

The COVID-19 pandemic has brought with it many life changing circumstances.
One of those is the need for employers to rethink hiring and retention
practices. While some employers have required personnel to return to on-site
locations, others are recognizing the flexibility working remotely can
provide and are offering permanent full-time or hybrid scheduling options.
As a blind person seeking employment or currently working, we want to offer
some best practices and discuss options which will afford the opportunity to
ensure future success for keeping or obtaining employment while working
remotely. Please join us on Monday, May 9 at 8:00 PM, EST to learn how some
of our blind members have been able to address some of the unique
circumstances working remotely can create and face and overcome various
challenges for job accommodations for success and answer any questions you
may have when searching for that next job opportunity when remote work is
required. The Zoom link will be provided 24-48 hours prior to the meeting
time.