[NFBK] Getting Closer!

Todd Stephens todde.stephens at windstream.net
Thu Oct 20 00:11:25 UTC 2022

Good Evening, All:

Thanks to some outstanding work from our state agency's IL Coordinators in
the Blind Services division, we are now within six subscribers of meeting
our NFB-NEWSLINER Kentucky new subscriber goal for the year. We only have
until the end of the month, so we are asking you for your assistance in
bringing us across the finish line! We need referrals from you, and we need
them today! It is imperative that we continue to bring new subscribers to
NFB-NEWSLINER in Kentucky and across the state as it could jeopardize our
funding. How so? If a program becomes stagnant and obsolete, it is prime to
be cut or eliminated. It happens all the time, but we are not going to focus
on the worst case scenario as we are all going to work together to ensure
that NFB-NEWSLINER remains successful and popular in Kentucky.

If you know of someone with a print disability: Blind, Deafblind, Fine Motor
Skills, Cognitive (may have trouble reading, but can comprehend), please
feel free to make the referral to either me or Lora. You can reach us off
list at todde.stephens at windstream.net <mailto:todde.stephens at windstream.net>
or Lorajfs at gmail.com. We'll need the full name of the person you are
referring, address, city, zip, phone number and email (if available). With
each referral, your name will be entered into a drawing for a $100 Visa
giveaway whereby the name of the winner will be drawn and announced at the
NFB Kentucky Convention banquet on the eve of Saturday, 10/29. Winner need
not be present! This drawing applies only to the NFB-NEWSLINE project in
Kentucky. The subscriber that you refer must be a Kentucky resident for your
name to be entered into this drawing. Please note that self-referrals are
not permitted.

To read about the free audio reading service for the print impaired
available 24-7, please visit us at NFB-NEWSLINE <http://nfbnewsline-ky.org/>
R.

Thank you for your time!

Respectfully,