[NFBK] 75th Annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Kentucky Convention

Jayne Seif jayneseif at att.net
Sun Sep 18 02:07:57 UTC 2022

Welcome one and all to the 2022 Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Kentucky!!

On October 28 and 29 join your Kentucky Affiliate family in person in the city of Louisville Kentucky at the Hilton Garden Inn Northeast. We will also offer a virtual way to connect for those who do not feel comfortable joining in person.

The Convention will kick off with the TAD Symposium on Friday morning. We will finish with a fabulous banquet on Saturday evening. In between be ready to Face your Fears as we enjoy some exciting speakers and panel participants, and don’t forget to pack your 80’s gear to wear to our Friday Night Social. Look for some fabulous outfits and impersonations by your very own Kentucky Board Members.

Here is how you can join in the Fun!

Make your hotel reservations Now. Rooms are available for 3 nights, beginning with Thursday October 27. Room rates for this year’s convention are $117 plus tax. Reservations can be made by calling (502)423-0018. We encourage you to make a reservation ASAP so as to not miss out on this special rate!

Visit us at https://nfbofky.org/convention to register today. The registration for the National Federation of the Blind of Kentucky Convention is $20. The banquet cost is $30 per person.

We want to protect all those participating in this year’s convention and are implementing some changes. Please note these as they will be strictly enforced.

All participants in meeting spaces must be registered and displaying a registration badge.
All participants must be masked on the convention floor. Masks must also be worn for the Friday Night Social, unless you are actively eating, and this also applies to the Saturday Banquet. If a participant is unmasked, we reserve the right to ask that they exit the meeting space or mask up.
Lunch will be a free time to catch up with old friends and we will not be having a luncheon this year. This is so we can clean and sanitize the meeting space before the afternoon session.
We will have hand sanitizer and paper masks on site to help all participants stay safe.
Finally, there will be no childcare for this year’s convention. The Kentucky Affiliate Board had a number of concerns related to health and social distancing for this vulnerable population. We will provide a more open space in the back of the meeting room for families to be comfortable when attending with children. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We look forward to being in person once again!